The chair with the distinct side apertures. Light, transparent, slender. The frame with stretch fabric gives the chairs the appearance of the flexible elasticity of a tent construction or a kite.
The elegant form is in fact the result of years of intensive functional studies: for Modus, Klaus Franck and Werner Sauer perfected the principle of automatic synchro-adjustment with torsion rods even further. Modus also meets ecological requirements: all components are constructed from environmentally friendly materials, can be dismantled individually and are therefore highly repair-friendly.
Form or function? Modus does justice to both design approaches.
Swivel chairs with automatic synchro-adjustment: four torsion rods form the central swivel axis which is held by two flat swing plates. The more the backrest is pushed backwards, the more the rods twist and tighten the tension.
The fact that the backrest and the seat are two separate sections allows scope for a wide selection of upholstery materials and backrest variations. Cantilever chairs and visitor's chairs are available to match all series of swivel chair models (with and without armrests).
- 5-star base and swivel plates in die-cast aluminum, coated, polished or chromium-plated.
- Base finish with castors.
- Black protective caps.
- Double wheel swivel castors with load-dependent braking.
- In black polyamide or polyurethane (for hard floors).
- Seat shell in black polypropylene.
- Seat upholstery: one-piece moulded foam with cover.
- Exchangeable cover, in leather or fabric.
- Seat functions adjustable seat angle
Frame in glass fibre-reinforced polyamide with exchangeable frame covering
- Width 680 mm
- Depth 630 mm
- No gas lift or recline lock
- Backrest may show signs of fray
Product Location: Glendenning NSW
Contact Us for
- Delivery quote
- Bulk buy enquiries