We sell a range of products that can be new or professionally renewed, repaired and repurposed; including refurbishing & remanufacturing items that may otherwise be sent to landfill. We have partnerships with leading retailers and our team connects the community through the work we do.
Our refurbished products are assessed, repaired and renewed as required. Minor imperfections, including imperfect packaging, or signs of wear and tear may be apparent, but do not impact product functionality.
All our products come with a 12-month warranty for your peace of mind, and we also offer a 30-day change of mind guarantee.
Our experienced team assesses all products that arrive for sale, and tests them where required. We undertake a comprehensive QA and grading process for every product. As a result, your product may include, or be subject to any of the following:
- non-original spare parts that are used to renew the product,
- repairs or slight modifications to the original presentation of the product,
- an electrical safety test called “test and tag” to ensure that powered items are electrically safe,
- superficial packaging not essential to the operation of the unit may have been removed or replaced,
- evidence of use, either from previous ownership, or from our team as a part of our internal quality testing.
Due to the nature of our business, and the way we make these products available to you, we undertake a grading process which involves assigning a condition to help you make a well-informed decision about your purchase(s).
To meet the definition of a grade, the product must satisfy at least 1 of the statements below.
If you receive a product that does not match description, please contact our team.
Changed Your Mind? We’re here to help.
You may change your mind and receive a refund for purchased within 30 days from the day you receive it. You will need to deliver to us, at your expense, the original undamaged items along with proof of purchase. Items purchased in “new” condition must be returned in their original packaging with all tags in-tact (where applicable). Our team will inspect the item on return and issue you a full refund within 7 working days, provided the product is in the same saleable condition as it was when sold. Change of mind also may apply to items purchased as gifts.
Peace of Mind with Circonomy’s 12-Month Warranty
In addition to your rights under Australian Consumer Law, and our Change of Mind policy, Circonomy's 12 month warranty offers additional peace of mind. This warranty begins from the date displayed on your proof of purchase.
Our 12-month warranty is intended to protect your item from manufacturing/refurbishing defects and electrical and mechanical failures. Following an assessment, Circonomy will repair, replace or refund at our discretion
- Products that are defective or damaged where the defect or damage was not identified in the description at the time of sale.
Due to the nature of the products we sell, there are often imperfections. Some can be addressed through refurbishment work or repair required before sale. Imperfections, including scuff marks, damage, missing or incomplete accessories may be noted in the description at the time of sale.
We recommend that you read the description thoroughly as no refunds will be provided for items received as described.
If the product received is faulty, damaged, or not functioning as described, you may choose to return it for a refund, replacement, or repair.
- Wrong item, Size or Fit where we have not described or indicated size or fit accurately, and the item has been unworn or unused.
- Items such as under garments, swimwear and some therapeutic products cannot be returned.
- Shipping Issues where the item was lost or damaged in transit, and any damage noted is in addition to any noted imperfections on the product description at the time of sale.
- Please arrange to return the product to any of our outlets, or via post at your cost.
- Proof of purchase, in the form of a receipt, bank statement or tax invoice is required. If you have registered an online account with Circonomy, and made a purchase using that account, we will have your purchase on file, and no physical proof of purchase will be required.
- Please remove any activation locks or passwords from your technology device before you return it. We will unfortunately not be able to process any warranty claim on an item with an active activation lock on it.
Nothing in these Terms excludes, restricts or modifies any right or remedy, or any guarantee, warranty or other term or condition implied or imposed by the Australian Consumer Law which cannot be lawfully excluded or limited.
Limitation of Liability
- Circonomy sells products that may store personal data. No warranty is given that the operation of products will be uninterrupted or error-free. Additionally, we do not warrant loss of data and expect you to make appropriate arrangements to undertake regular back-ups.
- No responsibility is taken for damage that occurs as a result of your failure to use product correctly or follow operating instructions.
- Warranty may not be applicable if you have physically damaged your item. We may be able to offer a repair service, but any repairs will be at your cost.
- Warranty excludes damaged devices caused by weather, spills, liquids, fire, mishandling, and cracks, unless identified and communicated to you at the time of sale.
Australian Consumer Law
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
For information on Australian consumer laws, please visit Australian consumer law website at www.consumerlaw.gov.au
Some of the products we sell fall under the relevant state laws for dealing with second hand goods.
Victoria Licence Number – SHD-0017413
For any warranty, change of mind or return questions please contact our team – we are here to help.
The following stipulations pertain to the usage of gift cards issued by Circonomy.
Circonomy means World’s Biggest Garage Sale Pty Ltd (trading as ‘Circonomy’ ABN 89 621 722 129 of 3/500 Lytton Road, Morningside, Queensland, 4170, Australia.
Gift Card refers to any gift card issued by Circonomy that you have purchased or received through the Website.
Expiry Date refers to the specific date outlined on the Website for each type of Gift Card's expiration. After this date, the Remaining Card Value on any Gift Card will no longer be redeemable.
Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, your email address, and payment details.
Website refers to circonomy.com.au and worldsbiggestgaragesale.com.au.
Outlet refers to physical Circonomy outlets.
A reference to we, us or our is a reference to Circonomy.
By using or attempting to use a Gift Card, or by making a transaction enquiry or exercising any right to redeem value loaded on a Gift Card, you:
Where and what for can Gift Cards be used
The Website sets out the up to date information as to where each Gift Card can be used.
No gift card can be used for:
- purchases initiated by phone, email, post or fax.
- bill payments, including credit card accounts and store accounts;
- purchases of gift cards
There may be a delay with the Gift Card activating in the system. In the occurrence of this delay, the Gift Card cannot be used for purchases or transaction enquiries.
Purchases with your Gift Card
Select goods or services in our Outlets or Website with a Gift Card and take them to the point of sale. The point of sale will instruct you to present your Gift Card, and then enter the code or present your QR code. The transaction will be completed when the balance has reduced on your Gift Card. No change will be given. Any Remaining Card Value can only be used in whole or part against future purchases.
You agree that we can reduce the Remaining Card Value by the value of all purchases of goods and services that are authorised by you.
Transactions are authorised by you by:
- presenting your Gift Card and entering your code, or allowing an operator or other person to do so, at an electronic point of sale terminal at an Outlet; or
- giving an Outlet details of the Gift Card and authorising the transaction in some other way approved by Circonomy. When you authorise a transaction:
- you are confirming that the transaction correctly represents the purchase price of the goods or services obtained; and
- you are agreeing to pay the amount of that transaction by the reduction of the Remaining Card Value.
Transactions exceeding the Gift Card value
The Gift Card can only be used for transactions up to the existing balance on the card. Purchases exceeding the remaining value of the gift card must be paid in excess using another payment method.
No cash advances
You cannot obtain any cash advance with your Gift Card or redeem your Gift Card for cash.
Validity and expiry of Gift Cards
Your Gift Card will be valid for use until the Expiry Date. Any Remaining Card Value that remains on a Gift Card after the Expiry Date will not be available for use. To check the Expiry Date of your Gift Card, please check the email you received your gift card through, or call 1300 121 297 or visit any Circonomy outlet.
Lost or stolen Gift Cards
Treat your Gift Card like cash, lost or stolen Gift Cards will not be replaced or refunded.
Faulty or damaged Gift Cards
A Gift Card will only be reissued if it is proven to be faulty or damaged as a result of the production process or otherwise due to the fault of Circonomy or its Outlets.
Can I exchange my Gift Card
You cannot exchange your Gift Card for a different brand, denomination or type of Gift Card or for another tender, cash or discount.
Can I cancel my Gift Card
Once purchased and loaded, you cannot cancel your Gift Card.
Checking your Gift Card balance and transaction history
You can check your balance by reaching out to our team.
Exchanging items purchased with a Gift Card
Goods that are purchased solely, or in part with a Gift Card may be exchanged or returned as per our returns policy. Refunds on goods purchased with a Gift Card will be reimbursed through a newly issued Gift Card.
Your Gift Card, your responsibility
You hold responsibility for the safekeeping and proper use of your Gift Card. Any transactions occurring through your Gift Card fall under your liability, unless such activities involve fraudulent actions or negligence on our part or that of our employees.
- to add or remove goods or services which may be purchased with the Gift Card;
- for infrastructural, systems, administrative or operational reasons or to prevent the occurrence of fraud or other unlawful or unacceptable conduct;
- to comply with any contract, law, regulation or statute or order or judgment of any court, tribunal or other body having competent jurisdiction; or
- where we, acting reasonably, consider that it will not be to your detriment.
Errors and complaints
If you think there's been an error with your Gift Card, please contact us at 1300 121 297. Any complaints about goods or services bought with a Gift Card should be directly addressed with our team.
For all your Gift Card enquiries, contact email@example.com or:
1300 121 297
Available hours 9am – 5pm, 7 days a week AEST